Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bali......

Last weekend I attended our good friend Anya's surprise bachelorette weekend in Bali. (Going to Bali is a similar concept as to going to Vegas for us Seattle folk.) I was so excited not only for the big surprise but to also to see this exotic island that I have always heard so many great things about. Bali was wonderful, but I would have to say, if we were to compare the beaches, Thailand and the Philippines beat this island, hands down! What's great about Bali is it international flare, night life, restaurants, shopping and the stunning villas, all over the island! We stayed in a lavish villa located in the heart of the village, Seminyak, located on the west coast of the island just North of the famous Kuta Beach where all of the surfers and back packers are known to travel to (also known for having a big night life).

We had a wonderful girls weekend of tanning, bonding, great food and pampering! The villa we stayed at had a spa that would come to us to do pool side massages, facials and body scrubs (all at around $17 USD!!) What a great way to send Anya off to marriage!


The beach just a 2 minuet walk from our villa


Jackie, Sonia, Anya and I


Villa Shanti Dewi. I love this door! I want a Balinese door made for my house in Seattle some day!


Ahhh the entrance wall with a window view of the pool



View of the pool from the kitchen/dining area.
The building in front is the master bedroom, the whole building!



Living room


Upstairs living area, loved this space!


Dining area, the stairs lead to the upstairs living area


Me, Sonia, Amanda, Anya, Alesya, Jackie, Leanda


The bride to be and me

No comments:

Post a Comment