Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Singapore Bike Ride

Yipee! Our bikes are here and finally after a year of not riding, I actually missed it!  Jamie and I went out for a nice ride last Sunday, up along Singapore's East Coast on the PCN bike trail.  The PCN is the Park Connector Network  which offers a variety of recreational opportunities. Currently, over 100 km of park connectors have been developed all around Singapore, with another 200 km to be built by 2015.




The trail literally takes you around the island and is a great way to see Singapore. It is also quite nice as its not near too much traffic, which makes me nervous!  After an hour of biking we stopped at one of the sailing clubs along the coast and indulged ourselves in our new found Mexican restaurant.....Nachos....DELISH!  





I've learned now that when I'm hungry and see a place, we must stop, as last time I went on a bike ride with Jamie, we biked 55 km on heavy rented mountain bikes (mind you we had not biked in a year) and we kept putting lunch off to see what else could be up the trail.  Needless to say by 4pm and having no food in my tummy since 10am, I was one cranky wife!

This trip was much better, from now on our bike rides will be planned, mapped and I will have a granola bar with me on hand!  

Looking forward to exploring Singapore every weekend on the PCN!!







1 comment:

  1. What a cute little bike rider you are!!!!! Now make Jamie feed you because you look so skinny!

    ReplyDelete