Tuesday, August 4, 2009

the new job

Two days in and I am overwhelmed! Let's see, where do I even begin?

The St. Regis is a STUNNING property! Not a single detail spared! Some fun facts of the hotel:

There are 3 restaurants and 2 bars:
  • Yan Ting - legant Cantonese cuisine
  • LaBrezza - Mediterranean
  • Brasserie Les Saveurs - French cuisine headed by a Michelin-star chef
  • Decanter - housing 1,500 labels of wine
  • Astor Bar - Contemporary meets luxury
The hotel has one of the largest private collections of art in Asia. In fact they are gearing up to launch High Tea incorporated with a tour of each collectible piece that is featured. One of the biggest artist names (and the only one I can really remember at this point) is Picasso, in which the hotel owns several original paintings.

The work out facility (aka gym) is upholstered with Ferrari Leather.

We have an in house florist who changes the flowers through out the entire hotel, DAILY

I've seen 2 grand pianos

The ballroom is equipped with it's own custom lighting as well retractable sky lights

The Presidential Suite is one of the most ornate rooms I've ever seen (not so much my style, but I like simple) thinks lots of gold and marble.

There is more advanced IT equipment in the meeting rooms that I can not even begin to absorb it all

The Remede Spa is UNBELIEVABLE. It is the most beautiful spa I've seen to date, marble walls, marble flooring, waterfalls, water pools.....SO PEACEFUL!

Every guest room is fully wired with BOSE systems should guests like to have surround sound while watching a movie or to listen to their I-PODS

The list goes on but this is what I can muster up at the moment.

So far, it has been overwhelming but I HOPE to be able to adjust, it just takes time. My biggest concern at the moment is that my associates do not have a sense of WORK/LIFE balance......which will not work with me, so we will see how this goes. Aside from that I am being thrown, I mean I am jumping right in, doing what I can to learn the programs as fast as possible and to familiarize myself the the new market and clientele.

Day 2 and I am already tired!

3 comments:

  1. Hope the days have gotten easier and you are loving it!!!

    *You have fallen behind on blogging now that vacation is over. I tagged you to post 10 things we don't know about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is really very impressive.


    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. have gotten easier and you are loving it!!!


    american kobe beef

    ReplyDelete