Saturday, August 1, 2009

Final ACL injury

My parents are going to be so annoyed, sorry mom and dad, I should have listened to you, again!

Let's see where to begin.........


Tear your ACL once, shame on the big girl that landed on my leg snapping my ACL - early summer 2001 basketball, resulting in reconstructive surgery

Partially Re-Tear your ACL, shame on me for not being more careful playing basketball once again - spring 2007 MRI determined slight ACL tear and miniscus damage.

Again further tearing my ACL, slipping down the stairs in Tonasket playing with my nephew - Oct 2007 MRI determined that the injury further tore my Ligament and suggested surgery, I opt for no surgery.

Ahhh now....Aug 1, 2009 DUM DUM Carmen, RE-INJURING my Left knee for the 4th time!! I'm not sure what is more frustrating, the fact that I can feel my heartbeat in my knee with some pain , AGAIN, or that fact that I've come to the realization that my basketball life is over. UGH!!!! THIS SUCKS, I am SO SAD!!! The team I was joining had a great group of women that could have been new friends. Most were from Austrailia and all were good athletes it would have been a great weekly workout to play with them......UGH! Time to reconsider surgery replacing ACL #2.

(the anterior cruciate ligament, or ACL, injury is a tear in one of the knee ligaments that joins the upper leg bone with the lower leg bone. The ACL keeps the knee stable.)


Jamie out with his street hockey team, they meet every Saturday for practice/games followed by some ice colds. Not sure how much fun street hockey is in 90 degree weather and 100% humidity, but it's great networking and most of the guys are Canadian, Jamie seems to really enjoy it....EH!?!?!?

Okay, gotta ice my knee and call in for some pizza. Gosh I really hope that I don't re-live my fat stage, the first time I hurt my knee and had surgery I gained 20+ pounds........it's one of my fears to re-gain that! UGH, WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! Take care of that knee! I've never torn an ACL (know lots of friends who have), but did break my femur skiing in high school. At least you have a nice pool to relax and recover by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen! That sucks! I'm so sorry this happened. We've got to find a new hobby for you! You better get some ice cream to go with that pizza...

    ReplyDelete