Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Fun....

This past weekend was wonderful! After a long hard week all I wanted to do on Friday was to have a nice glass of wine or a really strong cocktail and I got both! So I met up with a few girls for ladies night! We met up at this fabulous bar on the 70th floor of the Swissotel Hotel called "New Asia Bar" (check out the views!) It is literally the best view of Singapore!




After a few glasses of vino, we then headed to the Martini Bar Mezza9 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel for the BEST Mangotini's I have ever had! Made with real fresh mango's, it tasted like drinking the fresh fruit, but after two......they were deadly!




By 11pm the lack of sleep from the week began to hit me so Sonia (one of the gals I was with) and I headed back to her house (she lives just down the street from us) where Jamie and a group of guys were playing poker. Needless to say, Jamie does his very best at Poker, but he is just too honest of a guy.....can't put on that poker face to save his life! I need to teach him some lessons! Once Sonia and I crashed the party, we had managed to get a second wind and convinced the guys to join us out for some drinks and dancing at a place nearby. I cannot remember the name of the bar we went too, but it was really fun and by 2am, you would find Jamie and a few others on a stage dancing up a storm! I can't bring my husband out anywhere! :)

On Saturday we had some old family friends in town! Livi and Bill Hyslop from New Zealand were in town for the weekend and we were so excited to see them! Jamie and the Booth family have known the Hyslops since he was an infant! Livi and Bill were in town visiting Caroline's (there daughter and one of Alana's best friends) boyfriends parents who live in Singapore (get all that????) We met in the early afternoon and took them to local eateries and famous sites through out the downtown area. It was a short visit as they had a busy weekend planned but it was really nice to see them and catch up. Bill is a character and I don't think Jamie stopped laughing the entire afternoon!




After our afternoon outing we then met up with Jon and Anya for dinner at the new ION Mall. Just what Singapore needs, another mall. It's like Seattle, every corner you look there is a Starbucks, well here, at every block there is a mall! This place is a zoo! There must have been thousands of people there, talk about shopping anxiety! We tried this great Thai restaurant, super yummy! I am actually interested in going back to the zoo soon as there were so many great restaurants to try!

Today, Jamie headed back to the states and I spent my day cleaning, laundry, grocery, cooking and I had the best nap ever! Talk about needing to re-group! We recently acquired some great furniture from our family friends the Birleys and I've been enjoying the couch and chairs in our living room. A few weeks ago Anya introduced us to CSI and I have been addicted ever since....so today was rest, relax and CSI marathon!!!

1 comment: