Monday, September 7, 2009

Polo anyone?

So we have been MIA on the blog site for SO LONG! I have no excuses, rather than we work crazy hours and have no time to do anything else!

So a few weeks ago, our close friends Grant and Caroline were back in Singapore for the Singapore Women's Polo Open (Carol is an avid polo player). They had invited us to join the open and watch, my first Polo Tournament, what a treat! I did not know what to expect and it's a good thing Grant told me to wear a dress as I was about to go in jeans and a t-shirt, boy would I have been out of place! The only thing that was missing was my big fancy hat....next time! There were so many beautiful people at the match enjoying Polo......half the fun was people watching!!!! The hats, the outfits, oh la la!!!!

The Singapore Polo Club is beautiful! It has that old classic look and feel and the setting is even better. Just a few min from the heart of the city, the club is located in the middle of charming Singaporean Black and White Houses (more on what that is later) and it feels like the club is in the middle of the jungle....really cool! Carol's team was playing in the Gold Cup Championship, unfortunately they lost, but it was a close game!


Grant and Caroline our famous Polo Super Star


Caroline and her team getting awards



Jamie and I enjoying and learning about the sport






Looking back at the Polo Club from the playing field


Me looking at what I got in my goodie bag, Grant looking at what he can take from my goodie bag.


Sipping the champagne, pinky UP!



March of the players


"man talk!"





1 comment: