Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Formula 1 MADNESS!

Mayham! Our first Formula 1 experience in Singapore and WOW, was it crazy! Celebrities everywhere, models here and there, fashion shows all over, fancy cars every which way you look.....exhausting! I think Jamie and I averaged about 5 hours of sleep each night last week! Sadly, we were so busy with work that we missed 1/2 of the activities and events leading up to the big race, but it was a great experience and now we know....next year, keep our work schedules light and anticipate taking "sick days!"


I could drive a red Ferrari, no problem!

So work wise, Jamie was busy as the head of InXpress USA was in town. Between meetings and entertaining, it was a FUN week. I had the opportunity to met Ken and he is a fantastic guy! Motivating and encouraging! After meeting with him, we are even more excited about the opportunity that we have here in Asia!

For myself, leading up to my last few days at the St Regis was tough! Boy oh boy, about 8 events and 1 group all in 7 days, OUCH! I had met with my DOSM at the St Regis whom, has been trying to convince me to change my decision for the past 30 days....and until today, my last day, he was persistent, however..........I think I want a break from the fast paced, stressful and over the top long hours! Today was my last day and I left work at 8:30pm and was the first to leave the office, keeping in mind that I came in the office at 815 am, catching a bus from our house at 740am......LONG DAYS!!!! I am about to look like I'm 40 at the age of 25!

After a busy busy week, we capped off our Friday evening by attending one of the F1 parties. One our friends here in Singapore the "Munday's" had organized a fun VIP party at club in downtown Singapore. Our invitations were awesome, they had each invitation personally delivered to our door step with a packet. The packet consisted of checkered flag material, VIP passes and drink vouchers. We were to make an F1 outfit with the material and it was tough! Jamie was more creative than I was by crafting a "Smiley Face" on a white t-shirt and wearing the remaining material as a cape, while I cut the material into a hair tie and wore all black (surprise surprise!). The night was a blast and it was a great way to start our weekend!

By Saturday, I had my first (and last) wedding at the St Regis (9am in the office, ouch!) I dragged my feet in exhaustion all day! The wedding was an experience and needless to say, I miss my weddings back home!!!!!!! Where is the open bar around here?!?!?!?!

Sunday was rest and relaxation until the BIG NIGHT RACE. So Jamie and I lounged by the pool, worked out and then joined our friends Mike and Kristina for brunch. After a quick after noon nap, we were off to the Pan Pacific Flagship Hotel for the race!

View of Singapore from the balcony

Our friends Kyle and Sonia rented out a room with a balcony over looking the track where we looked right down on a long drag of the race as well as three of it's turns! It was on the 28th floor so Jamie had a tough time looking out and down, but managed, it was after all F1!

Here is a video of our view of the race:



The race and the cars were SO LOUD!!!! Even from the 28th floor I had to put in ear plugs as the cars were giving me a headache! After 61 laps and almost 2 hours, Lewis Hamilton pulled in the big win!

Tuesday night here now, and still we have not had a chance to catch up on our lack of sleep, hoping to do so on our flight HOME!!! Catching the plane in 5 hours, woohoo!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment