Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Brisbane, Australia

This past week, Jamie has been in Brisbane running the corporate training sessions for InXpress Australia.  It was a last minuet trip for Jamie and seeing as I have never been to the land of down under, I thought, why not tag along! It was perfect timing as Singapore had a 3 days holiday weekend, I just left work early on Thursday and came home on a red eye flight, Monday morning!  Nothing like a quick trip to Auz!  It's about a 6 hours flight, so it's like visiting NYC from Seattle for a holiday weekend.  

This time around, we were surprised to find out that Emirates had the best deals, I had never flown with this airlines before but WOWEEWOWAH, it felt like 5 star all the way, even in economy!  With over 170 movies to choose from and practically every TV show available, the service was exceptional and the food, my dear the FOOD was so so so good!  Thank you Emirates Air for spoiling me rotten, now my trip home in July on United will not nearly meet standards!

On my first and day in Brisbane I was alone as Jamie was off at work all day, so I ventured through the city, enjoying the cool crisp air (winter there now) it felt like a cool fall day, but sunny.  I loved it! I loved the crisp fresh air!  I spent the day exploring the Central District, visiting Queens Street and shopping street, walked around Spring Hill and then met up with Jaime at around 4pm.  We then headed out to the Bridge Bar for some happy hour glasses of vino to then meet up with our friend Mariska, whom we met at Jon and Anya's wedding. She happens to live in Brisbane/Surfers Paradise and meet up with us for some delish Fish and Chips and Steak! Hmmmmm the Steak, so good!

On a stroll around the river front



 Mariska and I

After 2 nights and 1 day in Brisbane, off to the Gold Coast we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment