Monday, May 25, 2009

"all our bags are packed.....we're ready to go......"

"We're leaving on a jet plane.....don't know when we'll be back again......"  I love that song! Never thought that I would be singing it for ourselves! 

Well, after a FUN, FULL and BUSY weekend......we are packed....and it was NOT easy! International flights cap at 50 lbs per bag.......NOT SO EASY TO DO when your packing all of your things!  

This past Friday was a hard day, I had to part ways from my amazing colleagues.  They had spoiled me all week...and continued to do so on Friday.  By around 3pm, we popped open the champagne and dined on yummy cup cakes from Cup Cake Royal.  At first I thought....are they celebrating my departure? Then, Ryan said "we are celebrating your adventure!"  (tears!) Thank you to my colleagues and FRIENDS at the Arctic Club! I miss you all already!!!!

After the good byes at work, Don and Kristin took us out to a WONDERFUL meal at Daniel's Broiler in Leschi where Jamie and I first met.  Chef Todd was there (the chef that played match maker to get us together) and we feasted on filet's, crab, calamari and grand mariner strawberries!  DELICIOUS!!

Saturday, Auntie's Pam and Marilyn and the fam came down to say good bye and hello to the newest edition to the family, little Linnea Hazel Holmquist.  It was so nice to see everyone.....we had  big family dinner followed by fun board games (our team won!).

Today, my parents arrived.  Jamie and I met up with them for lunch....then headed to Bell Square to pick up a new MacBook for mom. We stopped by Amy's work (Ben Bridge) to give her a final hug good bye. I am now in the process of setting up all of her skype contacts so that we can communicate online.  I got my brother Mark to join in.....now just Andrew, Rob and Paul.....sign up for Skype boys!  

Don and Kristin made us yet another fantastic meal......roast pork, roasted red potatoes, green beans and a strawberry salad...YUM!  Jamie and I have been eating like a King and Queen these past few days! How am I suppose to wear a swimsuit in 2 days?!?!?  YIKES!!!

Now, it's late Sunday night and neither Jamie nor I can sleep, we are just sitting watching Chelsea Handler and the Soup trying to de-stress our selves, staring at all the luggage in front of us. 

Tomorrow is going to be a big day! We are up bright and early and then off to have a final big family meal together with my parents, Don and Kristin, Alana and Linnea, one big good bye breakfast!

We look forward to writing more on our lay over in Tokyo!

With all our love

Carmen and Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment