Friday, July 31, 2009

da Booths WORKING!!!

Well, after moving across the world (and me moving without ever visiting Singapore) we have finally both secured jobs and the new adventure can really begin! Talk about a stressful and exciting last few months!

Jamie has begun work with the company InXpress. InXpress is a global reseller of shipping services, partnered with DHL and other freight carriers. He is the first employee for the InXpress Asia Division and is set to implement and operate the InXpress business model in every Asia Pac country over the next 3-5 years. Essentially, InXpress signs an agreement with a shipping company, such as DHL, to receive a substantial discount and to sell their services. InXpress in turn, sells the shipping service of DHL etc. to small and medium sized businesses that would not normally receive a discount from the carrier. The carriers (DHL etc) do not target the SME market as there are too many small business with not enough shipping revenue to make it "worth their time," thus InXpress coming in to handle all of the accounts. Jamie is still working on the InXpress Asia website; however here is the US site to take a gander at: INXPRESS USA


As of Monday, August 3rd I will no longer be "a stay at home mom to be" but I too get to continue on with my career. I will be working for the St. Regis Hotel in Catering Sales, similar role and responsibilities as I had in Seattle. It will be a new adventure to learn more about the "corporate hotel world" and I am excited to sink my energy into a JOB! I've tried several times this week to wake up at 7am, no luck! I sure hope that I wake up on time on Monday!

Jamie is off to Bangkok for work Sunday, meeting with the DHL country manager for Thailand and the new InXpress partner for the Thailand business, he also has plans to meet up with Grant and I will be so jealous if they eat the garlic fried chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment